- Join over 1.2 million students every month
- Accelerate your learning by 29%
- Unlimited access for just £4.99 per month
Are you in the right place?
Jump to Julius Ceasar and see how teachers think you should prepare in:
The first 200 words of this essay...
How important is being "honourable" and "noble" in the play
The play Julius Caesar by William Shakespeare conveys the importance of being "noble" and "honourable" in various ways throughout the play. Studying the characters of Brutus and Julius Caesar, one can notice their personal Roman morals reflect these very virtues. From a different perspective; Caius Cassius observes these principles and uses them to execute the most significant murder of the play. Furthermore, we will look at the importance of being "noble" at the face of death. I will look at these points individually below.
A crucial point Shakespeare makes comprehensible is that of Brutus' high minded morals. This especially so, when concerning Rome. Brutus states in his first soliloquy that he would do anything for the "general good" of Rome. He declares this as his first attempt to convince himself that killing Caesar would be a "noble" and "honourable" thing to do. Brutus' second attempt is in Act Two, Scene One, where he begins on the subject of Mark Antony's life but diverts off assuring the conspirators the planned assassination makes them "sacrificers " and "purgers" but not "murderers". It is explicit he is undertaking to expose his
Found what you're looking for?
- Start learning 29% faster today
- Over 150,000 essays available
- Just £4.99 a month
Not the one? We have 100's more
Julius Caesar (view all)
- Cassius' Persuasion Of Brutus
- How is Brutus portrayed as a tragic hero throughout the play...
- In Julius Caesar by William Shakespeare the conspirators are...
- As previously said, Brutus was a close friend of Caesars; ho...
- "How is Brutus portrayed as a tragic hero?"
""Simon. Politics and International Relations. University Student.
""Kim. Nursing, Mental Health, Psychology. University Student.