- Join over 1.2 million students every month
- Accelerate your learning by 29%
- Unlimited access for just £4.99 per month
Polanskis Macbeth, was drinking out of a goblet and his fear of seeing Banquos ghost is portrayed when this falls on the floor, the diegetic sound created by the fall interrupts the chello music that is there to give the scene an eerie fee
The first 200 words of this essay...
As Macbeth enters the banquet hall (Macbeth in the movie by Roman Polanski enters the room talking to everyone happily; it zooms out to show the Lords and Lady Macbeth's reaction to Macbeth's toast). At this point we can tell that he cares about social status since he tells the Lords that they should sit in their own "degrees". He feels powerful and more superior to the other Lords.
Macbeth feels no remorse and guilt for having killed his friend, Banquo. On the other hand, he is more unstable and worried as the murderer articulates, "Fleance is scaped". He is scared that the prophecy of the witches will come true. Polanski internalises Macbeth's fears by using a voice over. This keeps the characters, the murderer and the torch bearer, from knowing his fears. This is called dramatic irony as we can hear Macbeth's thoughts however the bearer and the murderer are shown to be scared as they share looks with each other as they believe that Macbeth is thinking of how he can punish the murderer.
The strong harsh language that is used by Macbeth tells us that he is inconsiderate as he refers to Banquo as
Found what you're looking for?
- Start learning 29% faster today
- Over 150,000 essays available
- Just £4.99 a month
Not the one? We have 100's more
Macbeth (view all)
- It is not only the heros character that feeds into the const...
- Villain or victim? Is Macbeth a victim of external circumsta...
- Equivocation in Macbeth
- Macbeth Scene analysis. Act 3 Scene 4 is a prominent scene ...
- Lady Macbeth character analysis
- Examine Macbeth's mental deterioration throughout the play.
- The Importance of the Three Witches in Macbeth
- Macbeth as a Tragic Hero
- The relationship between Macbeth and Lady Macbeth and how it...
- To what extent can Lady Macbeth be seen as a female gothic p...
""Telim Dars. Chemistry, Physics and English Literature. A Level Student.
""Sarah. Sociology, Politics, Economics, Psychology. University Student.