- Join over 1.2 million students every month
- Accelerate your learning by 29%
- Unlimited access from just £6.99 per month
writing to entertain
The first 200 words of this essay...
Kerry: Too Much Too Young
THE NIGHT HAD BEGUN quite normally for us: in a pub. I'd just turned thirteen and had been living with Mum and her boyfriend Dave Wheat in London's East End for a couple of months. She'd been out all day 'kiting'. She'd taken orders from friends and neighbours, then gone to different shops using stolen credit cards to buy £50 to £100 worth of stuff in each one. Afterwards she'd sell everything on at half the price. While she 'worked', Dave would wait for her with a drink in a pub nearby.
They'd had a good day and we'd gone to the Three Rabbits to round it off with their friend Barbara, who was a heroin addict at the time, her redhead husband Micky and their eight-year-old daughter Sharon. The Three Rabbits was a smoky old-fashioned pub on the Romford Road, in the heart of London's East End. In those days it was a real gangster haunt, where men carried guns or knives in their leather jackets and weren't afraid to use them. There were worn stools by the long wooden bar, a patterned carpet that had seen better days, tables
Found what you're looking for?
- Start learning 29% faster today
- Over 150,000 essays available
- Just £6.99 a month
Not the one? We have 100's more
Composition (view all)
- Should The Voting Age Be Lowered To 13?
- Commentary for AS level English Language
- Do people learn who they are only when they are forced into ...
- 1984, V for vendetta
- Tattoo Essay
- English Writing -The invention I would choose to prevent wou...
- The Good and Bad of Modern Technology
- Is Technology Making Us Stupid?
- Why English Matters as the International Language.
- Looks Could Kill. Barbie is definitely too skinny to be a g...
""Asmaa, UAE. GCSE Student. Biology, Physics, Chemistry, Maths and English.
""Zoia, London. GCSE Student. 'English, Science, RE, Geography, History.'