- Join over 1.2 million students every month
- Accelerate your learning by 29%
- Unlimited access from just £6.99 per month
Alternative sources of energy
The first 200 words of this essay...
Alternative Sources of Energy
Energy is a simple word meaning the ability to do work. We consume energy for all our day-to-day activities. Energy is every where. But the most commonly used energy can be classified into two different forms: renewable and non-renewable. Renewable energy resources can be defined as 'a source of energy which can be renewed or replaced.' These sources of energy are free on earth and are also available in large numbers. Solar energy, wind energy, tidal energy, hydroelectricity are some of the examples of renewable sources of energy. Non renewable source of energy is the energy which is non- renewable and cannot be renewed or replaced by any other energy. This sort of source of energy is limited on earth and today most of the world's population is using non-renewable source of energy. Coal, petroleum, propane, natural gas, uranium are all considered to be fossil fuels which is a non-renewable source of energy.
Presently most of the world's population is using coal and petroleum to fulfil their needs of fuel for both purposes generate electricity and for other domestic uses. But no one is aware about the different alternative sources of fuels which
Found what you're looking for?
- Start learning 29% faster today
- Over 150,000 essays available
- Just £6.99 a month
Not the one? We have 100's more
General Studies (view all)
- English as a global language - good or bad?
- Should Cannabis be legalised in the UK?
- The internet should be implemented into all educational sect...
- Aspects of Racism
- English School Uniform Essay
- Should the Death penalty be re-introduced?
- Pro Speech- Capital Punishment
- Discuss the statement " Art changes the world as much a...
- Should scientific research be restricted in any way?
- Globalization vs. Culture: The Loss Of Identity
""George Boustred English, Maths, Science, Resistant Materials, History, Music. GCSE Student
""Lex Fawste. English, Biology, Physics, Maths, and Chemistry. A Level Student.