- Join over 1.2 million students every month
- Accelerate your learning by 29%
- Unlimited access for just £4.99 per month
Oprah Winfreys Influence in America
The first 200 words of this essay...
Media Mogul, Philanthropist, and Child Advocate are just a few of the titles that describe the diverse person that is Oprah Winfrey. Known to most around the globe simply by her peculiar first name, she was born on January 29, 1954 in Kosciusko, Mississippi. The little girl born to simple means has become one of the twentieth century's most influential people in America and has touched people worldwide.
Oprah Winfrey overcame the obstacles of being an African American girl in the South in the 50's and 60's to earn a spot in television news in 1973. She became Nashville's first African-American TV correspondent on WTVF-TV. After some time in Baltimore news and a local talk show she relocated to Chicago to host A.M. Chicago, a morning show. Within a month Oprah took the show to the number one rated talk show in the Chicago market, one of the top five markets in the country. In 1985 the show was renamed The Oprah Winfrey Show. From that point on The Oprah Winfrey Show skyrocketed and is currently broadcasted to 144 countries.
Oprah Winfrey is now present in all areas of the media. The mogul has founded O, The Magazine,
Found what you're looking for?
- Start learning 29% faster today
- Over 150,000 essays available
- Just £4.99 a month
Not the one? We have 100's more
General Studies (view all)
- How far does non-verbal communication (NVC) regulate convers...
- HOW IMPORTANT IS IT TO EXPLORE ALTERNATIVE FORMS OF ENERGY?
- Larry Cook from A Thousand Acres Analysis
- Essay on technological, environmental and social change
- supermarket database system
- Should the Death penalty be re-introduced?
- Pro Speech- Capital Punishment
- Discuss the statement " Art changes the world as much a...
- Should scientific research be restricted in any way?
- Globalization vs. Culture: The Loss Of Identity
""Oliver Baldesare. National Sports Diploma. BTEC Student.
""Chris Mckellar. Media Studies, IT, English. A Level Student.