- Join over 1.2 million students every month
- Accelerate your learning by 29%
- Unlimited access for just £4.99 per month
Discuss research into the relationship between personality and stress.
The first 200 words of this essay...
Discuss research into the relationship between
personality and stress.
It has been suggested that personality differences affect levels of stress. Friedman and
Rosenman (1974) believe that personality types can be divided into two groups- Type A and
Type A personalities tend to have the following traits: very active, impatient and
impulsive, whereas type B would be laid back, easy going and relaxed.
Friedman and Rosenman also suggested a third type of personality - Type C. Type C
personalities are described as: nice, industrious, conventional and sociable but tend to be
repressed and react to stress with a sense of helplessness. Friedman and Rosenman proposed
that those with a Type A personality are more susceptible to Coronary Heart Disease (CHD)
and are generally a lot more stressed than Type B's. Evidence from 'Western Collaborative
Group Study' supports this idea, although subsequent research has not been as supportive.
Aspects of Type A personality including anger and hostility are the most important factors in
CHD. Type C personalities have also been linked to
Found what you're looking for?
- Start learning 29% faster today
- Over 150,000 essays available
- Just £4.99 a month
Not the one? We have 100's more
Healthcare (view all)
- Discuss difficulties that may arise when implementing anti-d...
- Theories of ageing p4 m2
- Health and Social Care Unit 3 Health and Well being
- In this essay I shall begin to justify how an ethical approa...
- How is anti-discriminatory practice is promoted in health an...
- Food Safety -unit 3 health and social care
- Describe the role of energy in the human body
- Unit 5 Anatomy and physiology in health and social care
- Unit 4 P4, P5 & D2. Development Through The Life Stages
- Improving access to sexual health services
- p1: explain the purpose and role of research for the health ...
- Understand why effective communication is important in the w...
- Promoting a healthy environment for children. Legislation a...
- Investigating Diseases. I will be looking at and comparing c...
- Describe physical, intellectual, emotional and social develo...
""Sabreena, England. A Level Student. Biology and Chemistry.
""Chris Mckellar. Media Studies, IT, English. A Level Student.