- Join over 1.2 million students every month
- Accelerate your learning by 29%
- Unlimited access for just £4.99 per month
Why did hitler bomb british cities?
- Essay length: 6651 words
- Submitted: 29/10/2007
The first 200 words of this essay...
'Why did Hitler bomb British cities?'
Part way through the Second World War Hitler occupied nearly all of Europe, including France. He decided to take Britain next. His first plan failed. So he resorted to the blitz.
The blitz was the constant bombing of major cities in Britain, along with other targets such as food and railways. But this wasn't Hitler's ideal way to take Britain. But to understand why this and everything else previously occurred, we need to go back to the end of the First World War, when the allied countries, Italy, America, France, Britain and Belgium put together the treaty of Versailles. This treaty blamed Germany for the war, and made them pay compensation to the allied countries for the cost and damages expenses of the war. Their army was reduced to 100,000 men and 10% of their land was taken away. Soon after the end of the war came the Wall Street crash, this came as a result of the treaty of Versailles. The German people were in a mess, as was their country. They were looking for a strong leader who felt the same way as they did,
Found what you're looking for?
- Start learning 29% faster today
- Over 150,000 essays available
- Just £4.99 a month
Not the one? We have 100's more
International History, 1945-1991 (view all)
- The collapse of the USSR was caused by internal problems and...
- Analysis of Political Cartoons
- To what extent did the nuclear arms race make the world a mo...
- Explain the Importance of D-Day As a Turning Point In Ww2.
- The Soviet Union developed its influence in Eastern Europe i...
- How far was the Cuban missile crisis the most significant e...
- How advantageous was the policy of detente to the management...
- To what extent can Stalins emergence as leader of Soviet Rus...
- Assess the reasons for the development of the Cold War
- Compare Sources A B and C as evidence that Churchill instiga...
""Gemma Haysman. Chemistry, Physics, Biology, Maths. GCSE Student.
""Telim Dars. Chemistry, Physics and English Literature. A Level Student.