- Join over 1.2 million students every month
- Accelerate your learning by 29%
- Unlimited access for just £4.99 per month
What is local radio better at than National Radio?
The first 200 words of this essay...
Evaluating Radio stations
* What is local radio better at than National Radio?
Local and national radio both broadcast news but they both differ due to the fact that they have and use different techniques. First of all, national radio broadcast news from around the country and local just broadcasts local area news. National radio news is an individual's work; it isn't just copied from any journalist. The news is much more detailed and has less of gossip. It's much more serious and formal.
Whereas, Local radio news is abbreviated much shorter and simple. The news maybe copied from a journalist. It won't be as detailed as a national radio will make it, even if it's the same story! Local radio news is said in informal ways, the presenters will tell the listeners their opinions on the stories, whereas the national radio news presenters will just read the story.
When it comes to music then I believe that they won't be much of a difference because the local radio will play music by Kylie Minogue just the way national radio will. So to be honest I don't think that they will be
Found what you're looking for?
- Start learning 29% faster today
- Over 150,000 essays available
- Just £4.99 a month
Not the one? We have 100's more
Radio (view all)
- The Marketing Mix.
- The BBC organisation
- Discuss examples of successful campaigns produced by big adv...
- Our situation... We were so-called peacekeepers, although we...
- Media Radio News Analysis
- Owners of Newspapers & radio stations
- REVIEWING RADIO STATION
- copy cat crimes
- Sample Radio script
- War Of The Worlds
""Simon. Politics and International Relations. University Student.
""Natalie. Criminology, Politics, Psychology and Economics. University Student.