- Join over 1.2 million students every month
- Accelerate your learning by 29%
- Unlimited access from just £6.99 per month
four theoretical models of child abuse
The first 200 words of this essay...
P2. Describe four theoretical models of child abuse
M1. Compare four theoretical models of child abuse
D1. Evaluate four theoretical models of child abuse
There are four theoretical models of abuse. These are:
* Medical model
* Sociological model
* Psychological model
* Feminist model
I will now go on to describe the different models of child abuse, and also evaluate them aswell.
Medical model of child abuse
The main point of the medical model of child abuse is that abuse is seen as a disease and an illness. Kempe (a paediatrician) used the phrase 'battered child syndrome'. From this it meant that other people saw child abuse as a disease, and followed the same view as he had. Kempe even stated that there were four specific signs and symptoms which in turn became known as 'Kempe's four factors of abuse'. The four factors of abuse are:
* The parents have either been abused themselves, or have abused before
* The child is 'unlovable' or 'disappointing'
* There is a crisis
* There is no aid when the crisis occurs
Kempe changed his 'theory'
Found what you're looking for?
- Start learning 29% faster today
- Over 150,000 essays available
- Just £6.99 a month
Not the one? We have 100's more
Miscellaneous (view all)
- Personal Statement UCAS
- Public Services Unit 3, Citizenship
- The UK would benefit greatly from the wider use of referendu...
- Disscuss the advantages adn disadvantages of different metho...
- Personal Statement Example - Neurosurgery
""Shailan, Leicester. A Level Student. Very useful for Biology and Chemistry, also great help in Econo
""Yvette Agars. Senior History Teacher. Saint John's College. Whyalla S.A.