- Join over 1.2 million students every month
- Accelerate your learning by 29%
- Unlimited access for just £4.99 per month
Skiing Speech - The Arguement against helmets
The first 200 words of this essay...
Skiing Speech - The argument against helmets.
Right, now I don't know if anyone here has been skiing before, (pause look around) well I first went in my old school with a group of friends. The college only allows from year 8 students to go on the trip and as a year 8 most people are aged 14 or 15, and the rules on the slopes that we went to was all children aged 14 and under must wear a helmet. Now, the 2006/7 FIS (skiing association) rules changes introduced mandatory wearing of ski helmets for all disciplines. The introduction of mandatory helmets is based on overwhelming medical evidence of the benefits of wearing a helmet in the event of an accident. It is Snowsport GB policy to follow FIS rulings unless there are good reasons not to. Snowsport GB accepts these rule changes without reservation. I have found a good reason, you look like an idiot. The FIS does state that the rule laid down by the skiing association does not in any way replace the obligation on the skier/racer to be responsible for his/her own choice of equipment. Which basically means you can do what you
Found what you're looking for?
- Start learning 29% faster today
- Over 150,000 essays available
- Just £4.99 a month
Not the one? We have 100's more
Miscellaneous (view all)
- Maslow and Social Services
- Why might figures for recorded crime underestimate the actua...
- Personal statement - chemical engineering
- Travel and Tourism Unit 8 Task A
- Investigating The Use of Pectinase
""Shailan, Leicester. A Level Student. Very useful for Biology and Chemistry, also great help in Econo
""Simon. Politics and International Relations. University Student.