- Join over 1.2 million students every month
- Accelerate your learning by 29%
- Unlimited access for just £4.99 per month
Types of Love in Abduction.
The first 200 words of this essay...
Essayopgave - Abduction
In life we encounter many different kinds of love. Love for ones girlfriend or boyfriend, love for ones parents and love for ones siblings. The love for ones siblings is long-lasting and never-fading. They are the ones who always tell you the absolute truth when asked and they are loving bystanders for life. This is of course a beautiful generalization and it would be wonderful if every relationship between brothers and sisters was as pictured, however sometimes the love can be smothering and possessive.
We see this in the short story "Abduction", by Shelagh Delaney in 2002, exactly this problem. We meet Ann, who moves to London to pursue her carrier as pediatrics. She brings her little brother, who just graduated from school, to live with her in London. He gets Marianne (his girlfriend) pregnant, and Ann wants them to get an abortion but they refuse. He starts to drink and becomes an alcoholic. Marianne kicks him out of the flat they were living in and he moves back in with Ann. She keeps giving him money and making life as easy as possible. The story ends with Ann finding her little brother dead
Found what you're looking for?
- Start learning 29% faster today
- Over 150,000 essays available
- Just £4.99 a month
Not the one? We have 100's more
Miscellaneous (view all)
- four theoretical models of child abuse
- Effective Practice in safeguarding Children within a Multidi...
- The Cockroach by Kevin Halligan
- child abuse and legislation
- Public Services Unit 3, Citizenship
""Sabreena, England. A Level Student. Biology and Chemistry.
""M Singh. English. A Level Student.