- Join over 1.2 million students every month
- Accelerate your learning by 29%
- Unlimited access for just £4.99 per month
Are you in the right place?
Jump to Music and see how teachers think you should prepare in:
The first 200 words of this essay...
It cannot be denied that K331 is a work in the galant style. Its music clearly revolves around the strong melodies in the Andante, it's variations, the minuet and trio and the distinct alla turca. The galant style influence could indeed be the reason for K331's fame 300 years later.
Out of the all his works, Mozart's K331 is the sonata in which the style's characteristics are most noticeable. The melodic right hand line is clearly the main part of each of the sections, whilst the bass line compliments and enforces it. This can be seen in the Andante, bars 1-3, where the rhythm is completely identical in both the left and right hand.
The bass line is simple in that it forms straightforward chord breakdowns, such as the broken chords of the Andante, bars 9-10. Mozart has cleverly chosen interesting melodies that are pleasing to the ear, simple and that yet also do some unusual tricks that enhance the overall sound of the music, such as the augmented 6th chord in the minuet. The bass line never takes over from the melody, it is only there to emphasise it. This can be seen in
Found what you're looking for?
- Start learning 29% faster today
- Over 150,000 essays available
- Just £4.99 a month
Not the one? We have 100's more
Music (view all)
- The Importance of licensing and royalties in the music indus...
- Critical evaluation - In the Snack Bar Edwin Morgan.
- Dance Assignment Study Christopher Bruce Christopher Bruce w...
- The Development of the Orchestra
- dance programme notes
- Analysis of the Exposition of the First Movement of Beethove...
- The history of the band "The Police".
- In this assignment I will be analysing the use of sound desi...
- Analysis of Mozart's Symphony No. 41 1st Movement
- Music Analysis. "Don't Stop 'Til You Get Enough" ...
""Lex Fawste. English, Biology, Physics, Maths, and Chemistry. A Level Student.
""Dean Hil. l Media, Business, ICT, History and Sciences. University Student.