- Join over 1.2 million students every month
- Accelerate your learning by 29%
- Unlimited access from just £6.99 per month
The first 200 words of this essay...
The setting of the story is set in the garden. It is described as a wilderness. It has a small vegetable patch near the pond. I think this garden could have potential if it was cared for and not used as the children's 'Play area'. It has one bed where Mrs Quick (one of the main characters) 'grew flowers for the house' and it 'hadn't been touched for years'. She had lost care for it. Old apple trees tottered over seedy laurels, unpruned roses where in the garden and tall ruins of dahlias and delphiniums hung from broken sticks. From the way the writer had written about the garden, he describes it as if it was like a jungle. I know this because he keeps referring it as 'wilderness'. The reason for its neglect was that it was for the children and that 'they should do what they like there'. This phrase is a hint into what is to come later on in the story. Mr quick like that their garden was different from other neighbours because he was proud that it was different and that his children had created a place where his children
Found what you're looking for?
- Start learning 29% faster today
- Over 150,000 essays available
- Just £6.99 a month
Not the one? We have 100's more
Developmental Psychology (view all)
- Compare and contrast two of the main approaches to personali...
- What have been the major challenges to Piaget's theory of co...
- Piaget's theory of children's cognitive development
- Outline and evaluate the evolutionary theory of attachment.
- Define Psychology using four perspectives; Psychoanalytical,...
- Outline and evaluate research into cross-cultural variations...
- Outline one cross-cultural study into the development of per...
- Psychology Controversy essay, Nature Vs Nurture PY4
- Self Concept - With Positive and Negative Examples
- Outline & Evaluate Research Into Attachment
""Asmaa, UAE. GCSE Student. Biology, Physics, Chemistry, Maths and English.
""Sabreena, England. A Level Student. Biology and Chemistry.