- Join over 1.2 million students every month
- Accelerate your learning by 29%
- Unlimited access for just £4.99 per month
Explain how this teaching about Discipleship might affect the life of a Christian today.
The first 200 words of this essay...
Explain how this teaching about Discipleship might affect the life of a Christian today
The message of St. Mark's Gospel is as relevant today as it was 2,000 years ago; it may be even more relevant.
Many people take jobs today because they receive a healthy salary; however, some Christians take jobs because it is their vocation to do so.
Other occupations may pay much less money or even none at all, e.g, charity work; however, the companies that supply the work may use ethical means to acquire the money, whereas larger, better paying businesses may use un-ethical means of attaining money.
Many Christians today become priests because that is their vocation as it allows them to help people. Modern day bishops and cardinals are the successors of the original disciples, and the Pope is the successor of St. Peter, the founder of the Christian church. Service is the foundation of the Catholic Church; therefore, there is a hierarchy of service rather than greatness.
Vocation also guides some people into being doctors. These doctors heal most people however, some women go to doctors to have an abortion and the doctor will
Found what you're looking for?
- Start learning 29% faster today
- Over 150,000 essays available
- Just £4.99 a month
Not the one? We have 100's more
Christianity (view all)
- "What are the main aims and messages of feminist theolo...
- Was it easier to be a disciple then than now?
- Explain what different Christians believe about their respon...
- Natural law explanation and analysis
- Study of lukes gospel
- Critically assess the view that sin always has serious conse...
- Examine the main differences between Matthews and Lukes acco...
- To what extent did Jesus intend to replace the Torah?
- Jesus Did Not Intend For His Parables To Be Easily Understoo...
- Explain what is meant in the Bible by the phrase God is go...
""Jacqueline. Modern Studies and English. GCSE Student
""George Boustred English, Maths, Science, Resistant Materials, History, Music. GCSE Student