- Join over 1.2 million students every month
- Accelerate your learning by 29%
- Unlimited access for just £4.99 per month
The first 200 words of this essay...
The religions of Judaism, Hinduism, and Buddhism all have there own beliefs. These beliefs play a big role in a person's everyday life, and influence aspects of their culture such as holidays, diet, social structure, art, and music. In Judaism, they believe that the Sabbath day should be kept holy, and that you should follow the Ten Commandments, the laws of G-d. Their diets consist of kosher food, and have there own New Year, Rosh Hashanah. Hindus believe in Brahman and Karma, which are both a part of the cycle of birth, death, and rebirth. They're vegetarians, and have a fairly complex social structure called the caste system. Buddhists believe in Buddha's teachings of the Four Noble Truths. These lead to there belief in following the Eightfold Path in order to reach nirvana. Their art consists of statues of the Buddha, each part having its own meaning. Their music was for the temple and they had their own special way of singing.
Two basic beliefs in the religion of Judaism are that the Sabbath is holy, and that you should follow the Ten Commandments. Sabbath, or Shabbat in Hebrew means "cease" or "desist." It takes
Found what you're looking for?
- Start learning 29% faster today
- Over 150,000 essays available
- Just £4.99 a month
Not the one? We have 100's more
Hinduism (view all)
- Describe Hindu belief in respect for all living creatures.
- The role of the three Gunas in the Hindu vision of the Cosmo...
- Identify the characteristics beliefs and practises associate...
- To What Extent Was Mohammad Ali Jinnah Responsible for The F...
- "It is essential for Hinduism to reform but the most im...
- Christianity and Hinduism seem to have profoundly different ...
- Ideas Central to Sikhism in Comparison to Hinduism and Islam
- What is the Role and Significance of Hindu Temples?
- Examine and Comment of Christian and Hindu Beliefs about Lif...
- Problems that sikhs face practicing their religion in Britai...
""Oliver Baldesare. National Sports Diploma. BTEC Student.
""Sabrina, Washington. IB English, History, Chemistry, Anthropology.