- Join over 1.2 million students every month
- Accelerate your learning by 29%
- Unlimited access for just £4.99 per month
The concept of hell makes no sense discuss
The first 200 words of this essay...
"The concept of Hell makes no sense" Discuss
Hell is said to be a wicked place of suffering and a place where unrighteous souls are punished. In the Christian Bible Hell is described as a place of fire and brimstone. "As the weeds are pulled up and burned in the fire, so it will be at the end of the age. The son of man will send out his angels, and they will weed out of his kingdom everything that causes sin and all who do evil. They will throw them into the fiery furnace, where there will be weeping and gnashing of teeth," (Matthew 13:40-42, quoting Jesus). This passage describes how evil people who act unmorally and sinful will be picked out and discarded into the fiery depths of Hell.
Most modern Christians would see Hell as the eternal punishment for unrepentant sinners, as well as for the Devil and his demons. Fundamentalists believe that evil doers and non-religious people would go straight to Hell. Most modern Christians would believe that Hell is a spiritual notion of physical suffering or material fire. They believe many biblical images of Hell are non-literal and Hel is more
Found what you're looking for?
- Start learning 29% faster today
- Over 150,000 essays available
- Just £4.99 a month
Not the one? We have 100's more
Practical Questions (view all)
- Business Ethics
- Business Ethics
- Ethics in Business
- Moral Dilemas.
- Assess the strengths and weaknesses of Natural Law.
- What guidance might utilitarianism offer to questions relati...
- The Main Features of Justice, Law and Punishment
- To what extent would you say Situation Ethics is a useful et...
- To what extent do we have an individual moral responsibility...
- 'Some religious ethics are too rigid for moral decision maki...
""Natalie. Criminology, Politics, Psychology and Economics. University Student.
""Shailan, Leicester. A Level Student. Very useful for Biology and Chemistry, also great help in Econo