- Join over 1.2 million students every month
- Accelerate your learning by 29%
- Unlimited access for just £4.99 per month
Mean temperatures are rising these may result in physiological and ecological effects on living organisms. Describe and explain these effects.
The first 200 words of this essay...
Mean temperatures are rising - these may result in physiological and ecological effects on living organisms. Describe and explain these effects.
Rising global temperatures, due to an increased concentration of greenhouse gasses in the atmosphere, are likely to have enormous consequences on many, if not all, species. Although the effects may not be direct potential outcomes include: loss of habitat, reduced species diversity, disturbed food chains and weather cycles, denaturation of enzymes.
One of the biggest potential issues of global warming is causing a rise to sea levels. Low-land countries and cities (e.g: Venice) are likely to become frequently flooded. This means the habitat changes and organisms whose niche is not specific to the new conditions are likely to either move away from these environments or die - this is most likely to happen to terrestrial animals. This is likely to have a massive consequence on both the ecology and the economy in that location. The loss of species could have wide-spread effects on food chains. Reduced food for some organisms means those lower on the trophic level will die out (the effects of rising sea water will affect smaller organisms the most!). Therefore, the numbers of
Found what you're looking for?
- Start learning 29% faster today
- Over 150,000 essays available
- Just £4.99 a month
Not the one? We have 100's more
Energy, Respiration & the Environment (view all)
- Describe the concept of homeostasis and the homeostatic mech...
- Measurments of boby temperature, heart rate and breathing ra...
- Describe the role of energy in the body and the physiology o...
- Produce a summary of energy inputs and outputs for both anae...
- effect of temperature on the rate of respiration in yeast
- African Trypanosomiasis aka African Sleeping Sickness
- The Effect of Caffeine on Daphnia Heart Rate
- Translocation is the method to alleviate the overbreeding pr...
- Malaria Issue Report
- What Is The Effect Of Caffeine Of The Heart Rate Of Daphnia?...
""Natalie. Criminology, Politics, Psychology and Economics. University Student.
""Asmaa, UAE. GCSE Student. Biology, Physics, Chemistry, Maths and English.