- Join over 1.2 million students every month
- Accelerate your learning by 29%
- Unlimited access for just £4.99 per month
Production of lactase free milk.
The first 200 words of this essay...
Unit 6: production of lactase free milk.
Cats and many humans are unable to digest milk containing lactose. The reason foe this is they do not have the enzyme lactase which breaks down lactose in their digestive system. The reason for me to carry out this experiment is to produce milk which doses not contain lactose, which is safe for cats and humans that are lactose intolerant.
In this experiment:
I have used the enzyme lactase which digests lactose (milk sugar)
I have immobilised the lactase enzymes by trapping it within beads of sodium alginate.
Also I will use the immobilised lactase enzyme to make lactose free milk.
> Tea strainer
> Clinistix 2x
> Small piece of nylon gauze
> 10cm³ plastic syringe
> 20cm³ plastic syringe
> 100cm³ beaker
> 250cm³ beaker
> retort stand
> 2cm³ lactase
> 8cm³ of 2% sodium alginate solution
> 100cm³ of 1.5% calcium chloride solution
> lab coat
Found what you're looking for?
- Start learning 29% faster today
- Over 150,000 essays available
- Just £4.99 a month
Not the one? We have 100's more
Molecules & Cells (view all)
- An Experiment to investigate the factors that affect the Pow...
- The similarities and difference between cardiac muscle tissu...
- To investigate how temperature affects the concentration of ...
- Beetroot Practical Write up
- Cellular Structure amd Function
- How organelles work together
- Modern solutions for Mesothelioma An Issue report
- Describe how the Organelles in the Beta Cells Work Together ...
- Vaccination and the components of the immune system
- Research project. Type 1 diabetes, is there a solution?
""M Singh. English. A Level Student.
""Yoel Lax. Religious Studies. GCSE Student.