- Join over 1.2 million students every month
- Accelerate your learning by 29%
- Unlimited access for just £4.99 per month
Revision questions on Communication, Homeostasis and Energy
- Essay length: 3199 words
- Submitted: 26/02/2012
The first 200 words of this essay...
F214-Communication, Homeostasis and Energy
Module 1-Communication and Homeostasis
a. Outline the need for communication systems within multicellular organisms
* External environmental changes
o Changes in the external environment can cause stress.
o It may change slowly so there will be a gradual response.
o It may be a quick change so a rapid response is needed.
* Internal environmental changes
o The environment of internal cells is that they are protected by epithelial cells and they are bathed in tissue fluid.
o The activities of cells alter their environment e.g. releasing toxic products that need to be removed.
* Coordination of activities of organs
o Groups of specialised cells form tissues and organs.
o Cells monitor the blood and can release a substance into the blood to remove certain substances.
b. State that cells need to communicate with each other by a process known as cell signalling
* Cells need to communicate to ensure that the different parts of the body work together effectively.
* Cell signalling-The process where one cell releases a chemical that is detected by another cell
Found what you're looking for?
- Start learning 29% faster today
- Over 150,000 essays available
- Just £4.99 a month
Not the one? We have 100's more
Exchange, Transport & Reproduction (view all)
- Affect Of Varying Salt Concentration on Red Blood Cell Haemo...
- Describe the molecular structure of starch (amylase), glycog...
- Blood structure and function in the body.
- The effect of caffeine on heart rate
- Adaptations of Small Intestine for Absorption
- Transpiration in Leaves Experiment
- The Process of Osmosis and its Importance to Living Organism...
- Hypothesis: To investigate the effect of different concentra...
- Excretion and the functioning of the kidneys
- Intracytoplasmic Sperm Injection
""Telim Dars. Chemistry, Physics and English Literature. A Level Student.
""Zoey. University Student.