- Join over 1.2 million students every month
- Accelerate your learning by 29%
- Unlimited access for just £4.99 per month
Nanoscience. Nanoscience involves working with objects on a very very small scale in other words, the study of phenomena on a scale of 1-100mn.
The first 200 words of this essay...
Nanoscience involves working with objects on a very very small scale in other words, the study of phenomena on a scale of 1-100mn. It offers ways to create smaller, cheaper, lighter and faster devices that can do more and cleverer things, use less raw materials and consume less energy.
A nanoparticle in general is a small particle with at least one dimension less than 100nm. It is combined with other atoms to form structures called nanostructures. Nanoparticle research is currently an area of intensive scientific research, due to wide variety of potential applications in biomedical, optical and electronical fields. Being able to see atoms means that we can isolate and then move them, thus enabling us to manipulate substances (atoms, molecules) in such a way that we can use their specific characteristics for new materials in industry.
An Atomic Force Microscope is used in order for us to see these tiny particles. If you were to look closer with a microscope you could examine the cells that make up your skin. This is a scale of micrometres (one-thousandth of a millimetre), sometimes referred to as the microworld.
A nanometer is used to measure things that are very small.
Found what you're looking for?
- Start learning 29% faster today
- Over 150,000 essays available
- Just £4.99 a month
Not the one? We have 100's more
Art (view all)
- discuss the use of imagery of light and dark in Of Mice and ...
- Realism and Impressionism
- Passions and obsessions evaluation. The first artist I looke...
- What makes painting modern?
- Cubism project evaluation The parts of the project that ...
""Sabreena, England. A Level Student. Biology and Chemistry.
""Jackie Shanahan. Maths. A Level Student.