- Join over 1.2 million students every month
- Accelerate your learning by 29%
- Unlimited access for just £4.99 per month
M1: Explain how oral communication can be used in business situation
The first 200 words of this essay...
Task 4: Functional areas
All the businesses have their own way of structuring the functions (departments) or the tasks that they need to carry out. The tasks need to be done regularly e.g. buying stock, bills must be paid on time, customers have to be served and if customers have enquiries then they must be answered. Each business has a key function which is run by staff members. In the medium/ large business people specialise in different tasks and in the small businesses it will be carried by one or a few people. It is very important that the different functional areas work together very well. It is because most aspects of a businesses activities will involve different functional areas.
Function means departments and most business have a number of different departments. Each department has a specific job or a task to do, which is called 'functions'. Businesses have many tasks which they need to do if they want to succeed.
The main key functions in business are:
* Administration - This department is a support function that carries out a different range of tasks. The usual responsibilities of this function
Found what you're looking for?
- Start learning 29% faster today
- Over 150,000 essays available
- Just £4.99 a month
Not the one? We have 100's more
People in Business (view all)
- Personal Development Plan
- Building Effective Teams.
- This coursework is about the customer service at Argos. It c...
- Total Quality Management
- Tesco's organisational structure
- A leader is a person who takes partial control of a group of...
- A detailed job description for a bar waiter
- A detailed person specification for a job.
- What are the most important qualities that an entrepreneur n...
- Principles of personal responsibilities and working in a bu...
""M Singh. English. A Level Student.
""Asmaa, UAE. GCSE Student. Biology, Physics, Chemistry, Maths and English.