- Join over 1.2 million students every month
- Accelerate your learning by 29%
- Unlimited access for just £4.99 per month
Developing Managers in Business! "Success in the knowledge economy comes to those who know themselves, their strengths, their values, and how they best perform" (Peter Drucker)
The first 200 words of this essay...
Developing Managers in Business!
"Success in the knowledge economy comes to those who know themselves, their strengths, their values, and how they best perform" (Peter Drucker)
The main aim of this report is to focus on a particular management development programme and by identifying how it works to determine whether it has been effective in developing the manager for its business. The report looks at how certain management development programmes have been used to become shift/duty manager for a particular organisation. It identifies a range of formal and informal approaches that have been used to ensure effective outcomes. It also includes examining the main external and internal factors that have influenced management development. Furthermore the report identifies any shortcomings and changes that are required to improve the process of developmental management. The main method used to conduct this report was obtaining first hand information from a shift/duty manager at a local food industry; however, relevant literature resources have also been used to support views, evaluations and recommendations made.
Rosemary Stewart who has been noted for studies of organisations and managers in action. Based on: Managers and their Jobs, (1967/1987) identified four approaches to defining the term
Found what you're looking for?
- Start learning 29% faster today
- Over 150,000 essays available
- Just £4.99 a month
Not the one? We have 100's more
People in Business (view all)
- Tesco's organisational structure
- The Importance of Human Resource Planning
- The recruitment process has eight different stages. - Human ...
- Question: What are the purposes of Performance Management?Di...
- Building Effective Teams.
- A leader is a person who takes partial control of a group of...
- A detailed job description for a bar waiter
- A detailed person specification for a job.
- What are the most important qualities that an entrepreneur n...
- Principles of personal responsibilities and working in a bu...
""Dean Hil. l Media, Business, ICT, History and Sciences. University Student.
""Kim. Nursing, Mental Health, Psychology. University Student.