- Join over 1.2 million students every month
- Accelerate your learning by 29%
- Unlimited access for just £4.99 per month
Frederick Hertzberg's Two Factor Theory (1923-2000) Bibliography of Frederick Hertzberg Frederick Hertzberg was born on 18th April 1923 in Lynn , Massachusetts . He did his undergraduate work at CCNY (City College of New York). Then, he attended to Un...
The first 200 words of this essay...
Frederick Hertzberg's Two Factor Theory
Bibliography of Frederick Hertzberg
Frederick Hertzberg was born on 18th April 1923 in Lynn, Massachusetts. He did his undergraduate work at CCNY (City College of New York). Then, he attended to University of Pittsburg where, he obtained a graduate degree. Hertzberg moved to Utah to work at Case Western Reserve University. He was a Professor of Management in that institution. It was here, where Hertzberg established the Department of Industrial Mental Health.
As a consultant, he served the American Institute of Research, International Business Machines, American Telephone and Telegraph, General Motors and British Petroleum (BT). In 1964, Hertzberg was the recipient of a Fulbright Fellowship in Finland. He taught many subjects in almost twenty countries, including the Soviet Union at the University of Leningrad. In 1975, he was a speaker at the Annual Conference of the Canadian Institute of Management.
On 18th January 2000, Frederick Hertzberg died in Salt Lake City. The New York Times stated that he was "one of the most influential management teachers and consultants of the post-war era..."
Hertzberg was an author of three books:-
1. The Motivation to Work (1959)
Found what you're looking for?
- Start learning 29% faster today
- Over 150,000 essays available
- Just £4.99 a month
Not the one? We have 100's more
People in Business (view all)
- The Importance of Human Resource Planning
- Tesco's organisational structure
- Question: What are the purposes of Performance Management?Di...
- How the organisational structure, of McDonalds affects its p...
- Building Effective Teams.
- A leader is a person who takes partial control of a group of...
- A detailed job description for a bar waiter
- A detailed person specification for a job.
- What are the most important qualities that an entrepreneur n...
- Principles of personal responsibilities and working in a bu...
""Yvette Agars. Senior History Teacher. Saint John's College. Whyalla S.A.
""Lex Fawste. English, Biology, Physics, Maths, and Chemistry. A Level Student.