- Join over 1.2 million students every month
- Accelerate your learning by 29%
- Unlimited access for just £4.99 per month
How did Marks and Spencer re-attain their status as one of the best supermarkets?
- Essay length: 4823 words
- Submitted: 12/12/2003
The first 200 words of this essay...
Marks and Spencer Assignment
Marks and Spencer's has had a consistent record of success and profitability until recently when they were suddenly hit by falling sales. Marks and Spencer's were totally unprepared for this and while they were developing new stores and expanding the business their competitors were strengthening. Because Marks and Spencer's have been highly successful and competitive for so long there was no pressure to improve the business and now their competitors have overtaken them and underlying problems have arisen, something needs to be done. The business needs a complete overhaul management needs to be streamlined, the business structure needs to be re-organised to make it more efficient and the marketing mix need to be changed.
Marks and Spencer provide a variety of goods and services to the public. One of their main outlets for customers is the clothing they sell. Foods is another big part to the success of Marks and Spencer and they also provide the customers with cooked food which would be very handy for busy people who need food for dinner that day, instead of cooking they could get some cooked food on the way home form work.
Found what you're looking for?
- Start learning 29% faster today
- Over 150,000 essays available
- Just £4.99 a month
Not the one? We have 100's more
People in Business (view all)
- Building Effective Teams.
- This coursework is about the customer service at Argos. It c...
- Total Quality Management
- Personal Development Plan
- Investigate about the important roles that management plays ...
- A leader is a person who takes partial control of a group of...
- A detailed job description for a bar waiter
- A detailed person specification for a job.
- What are the most important qualities that an entrepreneur n...
- Principles of personal responsibilities and working in a bu...
""Yoel Lax. Religious Studies. GCSE Student.
""Salma Ahmed. Law and English. GCSE Student.