- Join over 1.2 million students every month
- Accelerate your learning by 29%
- Unlimited access for just £4.99 per month
The first 200 words of this essay...
Unit 10 Management Accounting (E1)
Jones' Compact cars, is a small family run business in rural Southgate. The business was established 40 years ago by old Mr. Jones and during that time, a Jones Compact car has become a well-known manufacture of classic remote control cars, its start product being the flame red MG.
Old Mr. Jones has recently has taken his nephew, young Ken, into the business, in the hope that he will carry on the firm in the family tradition when he himself retires.
Young Ken is a business graduate of Durham University, is excited at the prospects of taking over Jones' Compact car, but realises that the firm is not functioning particularly efficiently and that there is much room for improvement.
One of the main objectives for Jones' Compact cars is of meeting a target of increasing profits by at least 10% per year over the next five years.
What is Management Accounting?
Management accounting is those areas of accounting concerned with financial planning, principally through the interpretation and use of financial data for important management of the business. The role of accounting is
Found what you're looking for?
- Start learning 29% faster today
- Over 150,000 essays available
- Just £4.99 a month
Not the one? We have 100's more
Accounting & Finance (view all)
- Unit 5 Introduction to Accounting
- Accounting Concepts and Conventions
- Comsat case
- Explain and justify methods used to identify the target mark...
- Investment Portfolio - Shares and other investments
- R.J. Reynolds International (RJR) is currently facing a deci...
- Tullow Oil - case study
- Financial report. I will be talking about the financial perf...
- Advantages of using credit cards
- Accounting Report. The aim of this report is to analyse the...
""Asmaa, UAE. GCSE Student. Biology, Physics, Chemistry, Maths and English.
""Salma Ahmed. Law and English. GCSE Student.