- Join over 1.2 million students every month
- Accelerate your learning by 29%
- Unlimited access for just £4.99 per month
MANAGEMENT OF HUMAN ASSETS AT INFOSYS
- Essay length: 9998 words
- Submitted: 01/11/2006
The first 200 words of this essay...
MANAGEMENT OF HUMAN ASSETS AT INFOSYS*
"Our assets walk out of the door each evening. We have to make sure
that they come back the next morning." (Narayana Murthy, CEO Infosys).
At a time w hen organizations are debating the strategic importance of their human resources,
Infosys, a consulting and software services organization, includes its human resources on its
Balance Sheet to affirm their asset value1. Mr. Mohandas Pai, the Chief Financial Officer of
Infosys, provides a rationale for this practice:
"Investors examine financial and non-financial parameters that determine long-term
success of a company. These new non-financial parameters challenge the usefulness of
evaluating companies solely on traditional measures as they appear in a typical financial
report. Human resources represent the collective expertise, innovation, leadership,
entrepreneurial and managerial skills endowed in the employees of an organization. Our
representation is based on the belief that intangible assets provide a tool to our investors
for evaluating market-worthiness of Infosys."
As a know ledge-intensive company, Infosys recognizes the value of its human assets in
maintaining and increasing its competitive position. At the same time, Infosys realizes that
Found what you're looking for?
- Start learning 29% faster today
- Over 150,000 essays available
- Just £4.99 a month
Not the one? We have 100's more
People in Business (view all)
- Tesco's organisational structure
- Question: What are the purposes of Performance Management?Di...
- Investigate about the important roles that management plays ...
- The Importance of Human Resource Planning
- Building Effective Teams.
- A leader is a person who takes partial control of a group of...
- A detailed job description for a bar waiter
- A detailed person specification for a job.
- What are the most important qualities that an entrepreneur n...
- Principles of personal responsibilities and working in a bu...
""George Boustred English, Maths, Science, Resistant Materials, History, Music. GCSE Student
""Lex Fawste. English, Biology, Physics, Maths, and Chemistry. A Level Student.