- Join over 1.2 million students every month
- Accelerate your learning by 29%
- Unlimited access for just £4.99 per month
Why is Singapore attractive as a location for new factories owned by foreign companies.
The first 200 words of this essay...
Discuss the socio-economic impacts of globalization on Singapore in the perspectives of:
a) a) White collared workers
b) b) Blue collared workers (10 m)
a) Powered by advances in telecommunications, transportation and finance, globalization empowers consumers to purchase the best the world has to offer and gives producers the tools to find buyers anywhere. This will mostly benefit the white collared workers more as they will have the spending power to take advantage of this.
Technology will also be effected in a positive way, in that, by the more internationalized the world economy is, the more use producers will get out of different production processes and other invented processes available in other countries. The faster diffusion of knowledge will raise the level of goods produced as well as advance technology in a worldwide prospective. With technology more widespread, Singapore will be able to make positive advancements, increasing the economy, and in turn, helping and increasing the national economy. With globalization, comes global competition, this would thus cause us to strive for improvement, thus our economies will move forward.
Singapore will benefit when lower transport costs and reduced tariffs make goods produced
Found what you're looking for?
- Start learning 29% faster today
- Over 150,000 essays available
- Just £4.99 a month
Not the one? We have 100's more
Economy & Economics (view all)
- The Advantages and Disadvantages of a Command Economy or Fre...
- Explain the main factors which might determine the elasticit...
- How does the Government use fiscal policy to influence the e...
- EXPLAIN AND DESCRIBE THE CHARACTERISTICS OF ECONOMIC ACTIVIT...
- What happened to the income of taxi drivers, and fares paid ...
- Describe the Advantages of a Market Economy
- Exchange Rates and their Effect on Morocco Report.
- The Potential Impact of Government Policies on My Business P...
- China and Economic growth, Case Study
- Research the Causes of financial crisis in 2008 & 2011 a...
""Jacqueline. Modern Studies and English. GCSE Student
""Sabreena, England. A Level Student. Biology and Chemistry.