- Join over 1.2 million students every month
- Accelerate your learning by 29%
- Unlimited access for just £4.99 per month
The hospitality industry in the UK today employs over 1.8 million people, equating to around 6 per cent
The first 200 words of this essay...
Introduction to Hospitality 1 Assignment 4HO 005
The hospitality industry in the UK today employs over 1.8 million people, equating to around 6 per cent of the working population. This is an important figure as it shows how the industry has grown in size over recent years. According to the British Hospitality Association, in 1998 there were the following number of establishments:
Restaurants - 120,550
Pubs/Clubs - 109,556
Hotels - 32,298
Contract Catering - 27,545
These are just an example of the many types of Hospitality outlets there are in the industry today. By using the restaurant sector to define the growth in more depth we can learn how even areas such as this can be sub divided further. An example of sub dividing the restaurant industry would be by using the following sub sectors:
Cafes and Coffee Shops,
Asian, Oriental, Afro-Caribbean, Central and Southern American, And finally European. ( www.htf.org.uk/a-publicats/sector_profile_restaurants.htm )
Restaurants are currently the largest sector of the hospitality industry accounting for around 42 per cent of the industry at the last release of government figures. This is important
Found what you're looking for?
- Start learning 29% faster today
- Over 150,000 essays available
- Just £4.99 a month
Not the one? We have 100's more
Food Technology (view all)
- Basic hygiene practices for food preparation and cooking
- The Importance of Vitamins and Minerals In the Human Body.
- Explain the need for nutrition by living organisms.
- Food Technology - Healthy School Meals
- Carry out positive food tests for protein, fat, glucose and ...
- Chocolate. 1) Who first created or discovered chocolate? 2)...
- This task will describe three examples of food contamination...
- What small steps can people in the UK take to becoming more ...
- Should my child have school dinners instead of packed lunche...
- My aim is to prepare a meal and compare each component with ...
""Salma Ahmed. Law and English. GCSE Student.
""Waseem Hussain. Biology, Maths, Chemistry, ICT A Level Student.