- Join over 1.2 million students every month
- Accelerate your learning by 29%
- Unlimited access from just £6.99 per month
My GCSE Drama group went to see 'The Woman in Black' at the Fortune Theatre in London on the 15th of January 2011
The first 200 words of this essay...
The Woman in Black Review
My GCSE Drama group went to see 'The Woman in Black' at the Fortune Theatre in London on the 15th of January 2011 . The play is adapted by Stephen Mallatratt but was based on original novel by Susan Hill. Summary: The Woman in black is a chilling tale of obsession, death and unforgettable horror. It tells the story of a middle aged solicitor called Arthur Kipps, who, years earlier, had lost his infant son following his horrifying experience in an old mansion, owned by the late Alice Drablow, the remote English town of Cryffin Gifford. As a solicitor, he visits the house to sort various different types of paper work. In an effort to try and confront personal demons and ghosts, he appoints a young actor to attempt to transform his written account into a practical re-enactment. The story is portrayed as an allusion, with Mr. Kipps playing multiple roles, and the young actor playing a younger Kipps. As the story unfolds, the character of the Woman in Black appears more frequently as supposedly "just an actress." Characters: * Arthur Kipps, also plays: Tomes, the solicitor's clerk, Bentley, the solicitor, Samuel Dailey,
Found what you're looking for?
- Start learning 29% faster today
- Over 150,000 essays available
- Just £6.99 a month
Not the one? We have 100's more
Other Plays (view all)
- Theatre Review- The Woman in Black
- Two, by Jim Cartwright review.
- Drama Coursework - The Women In Black Analysis
- Review: 'The Woman In Black'
- Comparing 'Coram Boy' with an extract from Harold Pinter's '...
- Woman In Black - Live Theatre Review
- Performance analysis of Murder at the Manor
- In The Woman in Black discuss how effective one or more perf...
- The play that I have chosen to write about is The House of U...
- Review - I went to a live theatre trip to watch Bouncers on ...
""M Singh. English. A Level Student.
""Sabreena, England. A Level Student. Biology and Chemistry.