- Join over 1.2 million students every month
- Accelerate your learning by 29%
- Unlimited access from just £6.99 per month
Carrie Willow character study
The first 200 words of this essay...
Carrie Willow - character study
Carrie Willow is one of the main characters in Nina Bawden's Carrie's War. She has green eyes, long dark hair and is fairly short. She is twelve years old and is a world war two evacuee. She has a younger brother, Nick who she is very protective over, "He's only a little boy, he didn't see it as stealing." She was evacuated from London to shelter from the war. They were forced out of their own home and sent, along with many other children, to Wales out of harms way. After a shaky start to life in Wales, they realise it isn't as bad at they first feared.
Carrie and Nick are chosen to live with a man named Mr Evans and his sister Louisa. At first they find it hard to settle in, "I hate it here and I hate Mr Evans." But they discover more to life in Wales when they come across the mysterious Druids Bottom and they soon change their mind and realise that evacuation is not so bad after all. When they have to go home, they find it hard to leave their new friends behind. "In
Found what you're looking for?
- Start learning 29% faster today
- Over 150,000 essays available
- Just £6.99 a month
Not the one? We have 100's more
Miscellaneous (view all)
- An inspector calls Arthur Birling Analysis
- Explore the presentation of 'the woman in black
- Lamb To The Slaughter Essay
- The Use of Symbolism to describe Moral Decay in The Great Ga...
- Dream Job Speech
- What imagined world or reality does Eddie seek to uphold in ...
- Analyse George Bernard Shaws presentation of transformation ...
- Of Mice and Men
- To Kill a Mockingbird by Harper Lee is a novel that teaches ...
- Comparing the depiction of women in literature. The two piec...
""Sabreena, England. A Level Student. Biology and Chemistry.
""Gemma Haysman. Chemistry, Physics, Biology, Maths. GCSE Student.