- Join over 1.2 million students every month
- Accelerate your learning by 29%
- Unlimited access from just £6.99 per month
Describe a funfair
Are you in the right place?
Jump to English Language and see how teachers think you should prepare in:
The first 200 words of this essay...
Describe a funfair
Morning had just broken. The old funfair stood silently, waiting for the wave of people to come and play on the worn machinery. Tired workers trudged in not wanting to be there.
The gothic styled gates opened majestically and crowd of families poured into the funfair. In the centre, stood a helter skelter towering over the rest of the fair like a king. Children would wait for hours to get to the top of the tower to slide back down to the bottom again.
Decorated with clowns, the fun house welcomed families into the hall of mirrors. Children laughed to see their parents become distorted shapes; not expecting that the shoots of pressurized gas would make them scream with shock. The bright lights enticed them to ride down the slippery slide into the soft ball pit.
On the other side of the funfair, noisy bumper cars playfully bashed against each other with the aim to bring joy to its users. Smash; bang; clash is what children heard mixed in with the giggles of the people inside the cars. The cars fought against each other like Japanese fighter fish.
Found what you're looking for?
- Start learning 29% faster today
- Over 150,000 essays available
- Just £6.99 a month
Not the one? We have 100's more
Writing to Inform, Explain and Describe (view all)
- Descriptive Writing Of A Beach
- We will be looking at spoken Language of TV chefs Nigella la...
- Descriptive essay - Description of a fun fair and guidelines...
- Narrative essay 1
- Describe the scene of a school lunch hall
- Story writing (Alien Mysteries Introduction)
- The novel, Looking for Alibrandi, the documentary, Australia...
- Writing about sibling rivalry
- The moment had passed - our school farewell party.
- A Walk Through The Woods
- Morning of the execution. Within a few hours, her brother w...
- Describe a person you admire. Though I have lived a colou...
- Supermarket Description - Sleek, automatic, glass doors slid...
- A Foreboding Night. Ian sat on the curb, his hands buried d...
- (Descriptive Writing) Describe the sights and sounds of a ma...
""Jacqueline. Modern Studies and English. GCSE Student
""Waseem Hussain. Biology, Maths, Chemistry, ICT A Level Student.