- Join over 1.2 million students every month
- Accelerate your learning by 29%
- Unlimited access for just £4.99 per month
The first 200 words of this essay...
In what ways do the media glamorize gun crime?
The media glamorizes gun crime in many different ways. From violent NWA songs to film posters, we are frequently seeing pictures and films portraying guns as some type of glamorous "tool".
The "Get Rich or Die Tryin'" film poster is a good example of gun glamorisation. At first glance, we see 50cents's overly tattooed back, featuring his street name, and turf (south side), and we also notice the contrasting white of his bandana and boxers. This represents purity, cleanliness and decency. Our first impressions of 50cent are those of a powerful and intimidating person, maybe with good intentions or morals. The next thing we see is the gun tucked into his belt. This is telling us that guns are going to play a big part in this movie. It can also suggest that guns bring power, as 50cent is shown as powerful. We then see the baby's head poking over his shoulder. This then tells us that 50cent is a father, and maybe the gun is used to protect his family. Once again, this is a prime example of gun glamorization, as we now think of 50cent as a
Found what you're looking for?
- Start learning 29% faster today
- Over 150,000 essays available
- Just £4.99 a month
Not the one? We have 100's more
Miscellaneous (view all)
- Comparison of How it happened and The Signalman
- Guns don't kill people, people do!
- Explore how women are presented in Veronica and King Schahri...
- Othello Obituary
- In responding to the critical comments, give your view on la...
- The stories of Macbeth and Frankenstein are two texts depict...
- Compare the ways in which the two writers create an atmosphe...
- Compare how Orwell, a British novelist writing in the 1940s,...
- In the stories, The Meaning of Elephants and The Last Class,...
- Money and Happiness, It Never Works Together. In Goodbye Co...
""Yvette Agars. Senior History Teacher. Saint John's College. Whyalla S.A.
""Simon. Politics and International Relations. University Student.