- Join over 1.2 million students every month
- Accelerate your learning by 29%
- Unlimited access for just £4.99 per month
H. G. Wells and The Red Room
The first 200 words of this essay...
5th Form English Coursework
H. G. Wells
H. G. Wells was born in 1866. His first full-length works were Biology and Geography textbooks. He then went on to write The Time Machine, The Island of Dr. Moreau, The Invisible Man, War of the Worlds and many others. He became known as the Father of Modern Science Fiction.
The Red Room
In The Red Room by H. G. Wells a man goes to a haunted castle and meets three elderly characters living in the castle. These three people refuse to go to the room in the castle that is haunted - The Red Room. The man is brave and fearless at first and goes to the room. The man seems fine to begin with but the darkness of the room bothers him and he tries to illuminate the room in vain.
The first character mentioned in the story is the narrator who is also the main character. He is the typical, cliché fearless man of the horror story and it is obvious from the beginning that he will be the man to suffer the horror of whatever is
Found what you're looking for?
- Start learning 29% faster today
- Over 150,000 essays available
- Just £4.99 a month
Not the one? We have 100's more
H.G. Wells (view all)
- The Sniper.
- How does HG Wells create the mood and atmosphere of suspense...
- Discuss The Elements Of 'The Time Machine ' By H G Wells. Wh...
- What are the important characteristics of an effective ghost...
- "The last spin" by Evan hunter is a short story ab...
""Nikolay. Business Studies. BTEC Student.
""Jackie Shanahan. Maths. A Level Student.