- Join over 1.2 million students every month
- Accelerate your learning by 29%
- Unlimited access from just £6.99 per month
Journey's End Character Study - The character is have chosen to study is Osborne.
Are you in the right place?
Jump to English Literature Drama and see how teachers think you should prepare in:
The first 200 words of this essay...
Journey's End Character Study
The character is have chosen to study is Osborne as he seems like a very interesting character even though he isn't there at the end of the play.
The first time we see Osborne is actually when he is described at the start of the play. He is described as "a tall, thin man " with " a fine head, with close-cropped, iron grey hair. He looks about forty-five - physically as hard as nails."
This is a description of how I see as a typical solider, actually more like an officer or sergeant but somebody I would imagine in a war.
He talks as though he is well-educated and from a public school "Certainly" and public school trains people to have a definite sense of duty and determination, and this was demonstrated perfectly in Osborne and set a prime example by not using alcohol as a coping method to the stress of war and fighting unlike Stanhope who does not appear to be coping that well causing him to turn to drink.
Osborne never really seems to get cross and seems strangely happy and optimistic even though
Found what you're looking for?
- Start learning 29% faster today
- Over 150,000 essays available
- Just £6.99 a month
Not the one? We have 100's more
RC Sheriff (view all)
- "Journey's End" By R.C Sherriff - Discuss and desc...
- Journey's End- Captain Stanhope Character Study
- Journey to the Interior by Margaret Atwood.
- JOURNEY'S END - The Changing Relationship Between Stanhope a...
- Journeys End. Act 2 begins with a feeling of hope. Trotter h...
- Discuss how R.C.Sherriff manages to describe the horrific ef...
- How does Sherriff introduce the characters of Raleigh, Stanh...
- Do you have any sympathy at all for Hibbert? Give evidence f...
- Explore the ways in which Sherriff makes this such a dramati...
- Explore Raleigh and Stanhopes relationship and compare their...
""Sabreena, England. A Level Student. Biology and Chemistry.
""Jacqueline. Modern Studies and English. GCSE Student