- Join over 1.2 million students every month
- Accelerate your learning by 29%
- Unlimited access from just £6.99 per month
Othello by Shakespeare
The first 200 words of this essay...
Ah...woe is them who love too well!
This is the beauty of great works of art in any of its forms; humanity does not change. Throughout time, we still and always will appreciate the things that stir our emotions: love, honour, betrayal, courage, sorrow, death.
Are you familiar with Shakespeare's gripping tale of "Othello"? If so, here is your opportunity to become re-acquainted with this masterpiece while enjoying exceptional acting, adept cinematography and the absorbing tragic tale true to its origin. If you are unfamiliar with the tale, prepare yourself for many mind-blowing twists and turns at the hands and lips of the master evil conniver, Iago.
The Plot...Very Simplified:
Othello, a respected Army General, secretly marries Desdemona, much to the envy of his friend, Iago. Iago, motivated by jealousy and complete lack of compassion toward others, has "hatred & jealousy" to motivate his every move...and evil-doings at the mercy of a brilliant manipulator and ruthless rogue means tremendous trouble and sorrow for all. But I get ahead of myself. To begin, Iago awakens Desdemona's Father with the news of the clandestine joining: "A dark ram is topping your white ewe...."Ah! Shakespeare!
Found what you're looking for?
- Start learning 29% faster today
- Over 150,000 essays available
- Just £6.99 a month
Not the one? We have 100's more
Miscellaneous (view all)
- ANITA AND ME - Movie Review
- Compare the ways "the open window" and "the l...
- "The Chrysalids" by John Windham: How David's char...
- Stone Cold Critical Esaay
- Private Peaceful Review
- The stories of Macbeth and Frankenstein are two texts depict...
- Compare the ways in which the two writers create an atmosphe...
- Compare how Orwell, a British novelist writing in the 1940s,...
- In the stories, The Meaning of Elephants and The Last Class,...
- Money and Happiness, It Never Works Together. In Goodbye Co...
""Nikolay. Business Studies. BTEC Student.
""Salma Ahmed. Law and English. GCSE Student.