- Join over 1.2 million students every month
- Accelerate your learning by 29%
- Unlimited access for just £4.99 per month
Should We Use Modern Technology in Schools?
The first 200 words of this essay...
English Assessment - Should We Use Modern Technology in Schools?
Modern technology has evolved over the years to not only become useful and perhaps entertaining outside of education, but it has also developed enough to assist learning. However, both pupils and teachers must use the technology available wisely - otherwise they may become dependent upon it; their attitude and behaviour will change.
A high percentage of students take mobile phones into school, despite their ban in the majority of schools. Many of these pupils claim that they need to have them in case of an emergency, although a great number decide to mess around with them, and as a result get distracted from their own learning.
It is scientifically proven that mobile phones can be dangerous, too. Beams of infrared can be responsible for causing some cancers, and the small LCD display could damage your eyesight if used regularly and for long periods of time. Adding to this, when talking to someone on your mobile phone, you are much less aware of the events taking place around you. For example, when crossing a road, you may forget to look for cars - putting your
Found what you're looking for?
- Start learning 29% faster today
- Over 150,000 essays available
- Just £4.99 a month
Not the one? We have 100's more
Writing to Argue, Persuade and Advise (view all)
- Write an essay to be published on your school website about ...
- Write a letter to a headteacher persuading him/her that all ...
- Write a magazine article persuading teenagers to stop smokin...
- Don't get me started on... Bullying
- TV review - Why I love "Family Guy"
- Creative Writing: A Newspaper Invites Young People to write ...
- Fundraising Letter. I am delighted to inform you that we ar...
- Argumentative Piece: Undermining of Teenagers By The Media
- Homophobia. Many people base their assertions that being ga...
- Should DIY drugs testing kits be used by parents?
""M Singh. English. A Level Student.
""Yoel Lax. Religious Studies. GCSE Student.