- Join over 1.2 million students every month
- Accelerate your learning by 29%
- Unlimited access for just £4.99 per month
Study the way in which 'Half-caste' and 'Nothings changed' display their attitudes towards racism The poem 'Half caste' is written by the poet John Agard, who was born in South America
The first 200 words of this essay...
Study the way in which 'Half-caste' and 'Nothings changed' display their attitudes towards racism
The poem 'Half caste' is written by the poet John Agard, who was born in South America, with parents from mixed nationalities. The poem 'Nothings changed' is by Tatamkhulu Afrika who was raised as a white South African. The poems 'half caste' and 'nothings changed' have the same theme to both of the poems, and that theme is racism.
In the poem 'nothings changed' the poem is about a black man who grew up in an all black, white segregated area, he despised the segregation in this society, and he comes back to this place expecting to see that the area has changed and there is no longer any segregation, but is shocked to see that racism (segregation) still exists in the area.
The poem 'half caste' is about a half caste man speaking to an audience and debating the idea of half caste.
In both poems the person in the poem despises racism; both people have suffered from racism.
In the poem 'half caste' the man uses a conversational and chatty tone 'excuse me, standing on one leg, I'm
Found what you're looking for?
- Start learning 29% faster today
- Over 150,000 essays available
- Just £4.99 a month
Not the one? We have 100's more
John Agard: Half-Caste (view all)
- Why did the caste system develop and how was it perpetuated?
- 'Half-caste' and 'Unrelated Incident' are both written in va...
- Half-Caste by John Agard - How effective is the lighthearted...
- The poems No Problem written by Benjamin Zephania and Half-C...
- The two poems I have chosen to compare are 'Half-caste' by J...
- I will be looking at how the theme of conflict is presented ...
- Compare How Agard Challenges Particular Values and Ways of T...
- How do the poets of Half-Caste and Not my Business talk abou...
- Half caste. Half-Caste This fantastic poem is mainly about ...
- English coursework
""Simon. Politics and International Relations. University Student.
""Oliver Baldesare. National Sports Diploma. BTEC Student.