- Join over 1.2 million students every month
- Accelerate your learning by 29%
- Unlimited access from just £6.99 per month
The Hollywood Factor
The first 200 words of this essay...
The Hollywood Factor
I am here today to talk to this high school class about a very serious topic that is occurring everyday in our world. This problem is something that is affecting many of us in a way that needs to change. A normal teenager just like you and me are being influenced in very negative ways due to the media portraying perfection of the Hollywood population. Here's the Hollywood factor from my point of view.
As our teenager obsession with all things Hollywood grows, so does our dissatisfaction with our own physical imperfections. Be it our less than perfect complexions, asymmetrical features, and our weight; whatever the complaint we may have about our appearances, it's likely we're looking to celebrities as the standard of desired physical perfection.
Our appearance, the area which is in many ways the most difficult for us to change, is where we seem to be most influenced by the Hollywood standard and most determined to aspire to that standard. To me, it's very disturbing the high percentage of teenagers who literally starve themselves due to what they perceive of as, an unacceptable physical appearance. Anorexia
Found what you're looking for?
- Start learning 29% faster today
- Over 150,000 essays available
- Just £6.99 a month
Not the one? We have 100's more
Writing to Argue, Persuade and Advise (view all)
- Write an essay to be published on your school website about ...
- Write a speech to persuade young people not to smoke
- Letter to the editor
- Don't get me started on... Bullying
- Persuasive Speech - Poverty
- A right to reply - teenagers in the media letter.
- Why I Hate TV Talent Shows Article
- Report on the food and drinks available for students in your...
- Does Reality TV really portray reality?
- Feature Article Task - Teens and gangs.
""Waseem Hussain. Biology, Maths, Chemistry, ICT A Level Student.
""Ruth, British Virgin Islands. University Student. Constitutional and Administrative Law.