- Join over 1.2 million students every month
- Accelerate your learning by 29%
- Unlimited access for just £4.99 per month
Who (or what) do you think is to blame for the death of Eva Smith?
The first 200 words of this essay...
A Modern Drama Coursework
Title: Who (or what) do you think is to blame for the death of Eva Smith?
'An Inspector Calls' is a Modern Drama written by JB Priestley in 1945 and first performed in 1946, was one of his most successful plays in which the idea of class is clearly publicised. John Boynton Priestley born in 1845 always knew that he wanted to become a writer. After gaining a degree from Cambridge, priestly wrote successful articles and essays, then published the first of many novels, The Good Companions in 1929. Most of his writings were ground- breaking and controversial. He included many of his ideas about possible parallel universes and political messages into many of his plays and books. During the 1930's Priestly was very concerned about the consequences of social inequality in Britain. Soon after the Second World War, Priestley was hoping for a change in the attitude of the people towards women and other citizens who are lower class in society. The play itself is set in 1912 but the issue that Priestley is focusing is still relevant in the 1940's.
In the play 'An Inspector Calls' each character is responsible
Found what you're looking for?
- Start learning 29% faster today
- Over 150,000 essays available
- Just £4.99 a month
Not the one? We have 100's more
J.B. Priestley (view all)
- Discuss The Role Of Eric Birling In The Play: An Inspector C...
- Discussthe role of the Inspector in the play 'An Inspector C...
- Character Analysis - Gerald Croft.
- How does Priestly present Mrs Birling?
- Priestley presents ideas about responsibility in an 'An Insp...
- An Inspector Calls: Do you think Mrs Birling is more to blam...
- An Inspector Calls Extract - Act One. W h a t d o e s t ...
- Explore the Development of the Character of Sheila in 'An In...
- How does Priestly portray Mr Birling in Act 1?
- How is Eva Smith presented in the play? What is the function...
""Jackie Shanahan. Maths. A Level Student.
""Lex Fawste. English, Biology, Physics, Maths, and Chemistry. A Level Student.