- Join over 1.2 million students every month
- Accelerate your learning by 29%
- Unlimited access from just £6.99 per month
"Consider the effects of daycare on children's development"
Are you in the right place?
Jump to Healthcare and see how teachers think you should prepare in:
The first 200 words of this essay...
Evaluating the arguments for and against Daycare
ESSAY PLAN- "Consider the effects of daycare on children's development"
* Good and bad effects caused by daycare
* Use evidence- such has Bowlby's maternal deprivation hypothesis and his juvenile thieves study to support the negative effects. (Briefly outline main findings of the studies)
* Also include arguments for the positive effects of daycare and backup with research from beginning of task two.
* Also comment on things like individual differences, number of hours spent in daycare and methodology of the studies, the table above will help.
* Sum up by talking about the effects and about how positive and how negative they are (examples e.g. affectionless psychopathy etc.)
The effects of daycare on social development
Research that shows POSITIVE effects
Research that shows NEGATIVE effects
1. Andersson- Swedish study
2. Bowlby's Maternal deprivation hypothesis
3. Schweinhart- High/scope Perry preschool
4. Bryant- childminding
5. Creps and Vernon- Feagan
6. Violata and Russell-meta-analysis
The research that shows positive effects of social development
ANDERSSON- SWEDISH STUDY-
This study was conducted in
Found what you're looking for?
- Start learning 29% faster today
- Over 150,000 essays available
- Just £6.99 a month
Not the one? We have 100's more
Child Development (view all)
- This report is a personal development plan that shows an eva...
- Child Development - Child Study
- Compare and contrast the development theories of Piaget, Bru...
- Barriers to Communication.
- Describe the expected stage of social development of childre...
- Cach L2 unit 4. Childrens Play
- Cach L2 unit 5. Professional Attributes - A non- judgement...
- Discuss the advantages and disadvantages of different family...
- Development through the life stages
- The Evil of Child Labour
""Salma Ahmed. Law and English. GCSE Student.
""Yoel Lax. Religious Studies. GCSE Student.