- Join over 1.2 million students every month
- Accelerate your learning by 29%
- Unlimited access from just £6.99 per month
"Consider the effects of daycare on children's development"
The first 200 words of this essay...
Evaluating the arguments for and against Daycare
ESSAY PLAN- "Consider the effects of daycare on children's development"
* Good and bad effects caused by daycare
* Use evidence- such has Bowlby's maternal deprivation hypothesis and his juvenile thieves study to support the negative effects. (Briefly outline main findings of the studies)
* Also include arguments for the positive effects of daycare and backup with research from beginning of task two.
* Also comment on things like individual differences, number of hours spent in daycare and methodology of the studies, the table above will help.
* Sum up by talking about the effects and about how positive and how negative they are (examples e.g. affectionless psychopathy etc.)
The effects of daycare on social development
Research that shows POSITIVE effects
Research that shows NEGATIVE effects
1. Andersson- Swedish study
2. Bowlby's Maternal deprivation hypothesis
3. Schweinhart- High/scope Perry preschool
4. Bryant- childminding
5. Creps and Vernon- Feagan
6. Violata and Russell-meta-analysis
The research that shows positive effects of social development
ANDERSSON- SWEDISH STUDY-
This study was conducted in
Found what you're looking for?
- Start learning 29% faster today
- Over 150,000 essays available
- Just £6.99 a month
Not the one? We have 100's more
Child Development (view all)
- This report is a personal development plan that shows an eva...
- The nature/nurture debate in childhood development.
- child development - breast-feeding versus bottle-feeding.
- Compare and contrast the development theories of Piaget, Bru...
- Describe the expected stage of social development of childre...
- Childrens Play. Cache unit 4
- Cach L2 unit 4. Childrens Play
- Cach L2 unit 5. Professional Attributes - A non- judgement...
- Discuss the advantages and disadvantages of different family...
- Development through the life stages
""Yvette Agars. Senior History Teacher. Saint John's College. Whyalla S.A.
""Lex Fawste. English, Biology, Physics, Maths, and Chemistry. A Level Student.