How do you think that the family can help combat social problems of today?
Extracts from this essay...
6. Social problems are very abundant today. Especially in The Bahamas where thefts, murders, and others occur almost every day. Most social problems all derive from the family household. Considering its great standing in today's world shouldn't the family be almost perfect? Shouldn't it stay intact until its death? Don't we all want a clean, socially adapted country? Surely, the answer to these questions is yes. So, what can the family do to bring about this change we all desire and need? There are several ways, both psychologically and physically. Environment The environment that a family lives in says a lot about the way it operates and, more than likely, how it will end up. In The Bahamas if we go places like Kemp Road etc. we don't think very highly of the families and 'thugs' that live there do we? This is what I am trying to imply. If families that wanted to be free from troubles and social problems they should find a better environment. Say some may not be able to afford it.
Sexual Abuse This is when a child is sexually harassed by one of their parents. This frequently leads to pre-marital sex, teenage pregnancy (a big social problem) and other sexually connected problems. Sexual abuse inside the house then lures the child to do more, outside of the house. Sexually related social problems are very common and are increasing day by day. It normally comes from problems within the house. Any form of sexual experiments involving and unwilling child is referred to as 'child abuse'. "Rape, molestation, prostitution, incest, or sexual contact with a child or using a child for any form of sexual exploitation including making sexually explicit videos or pictures". Sexual abuse leads to these factors of social problems and disorders within a child: * Teenage pregnancy * AIDS/HIV and other diseases * Pre-marital sex * Corrupting children's minds Sexual abuse is common but not nearly as common as physical abuse. Physical Abuse Physical abuse most of the time comes up because of "over-discipline". It is when parents inflict physical pain among their children.
They rely on runaway or lost children. The 'abductor' raises the child as his own and develops the child into a social menace. It may not be common, but this is just one of many scenarios. What can families do about it? Families can do a number of things to resolve these kinds of problems: * Remove, repair or break down the source of stress of the family as much as possible to allow easier flow between the families * Save up as a family to try and move into better neighborhoods * Try and not expose the children of the family to negative factors if they live in an unstable environment * Get rid of the person or report the person inflicting the child abuse * Try and develop affectionate relationships with children to avoid them feeling neglected In conclusion, environment and child abuse are the main factors that families are to work on to make it a better Bahamas. If families played a stronger role in raising their children our future would be brighter than it already is. ?? ?? ?? ?? Question 6 Family Question: How do you think that the family can help combat social problems of today?
Found what you're looking for?
- Start learning 29% faster today
- Over 150,000 essays available
- Just £6.99 a month
- Over 180,000 student essays
- Every subject and level covered
- Thousands of essays marked by teachers