- Join over 1.2 million students every month
- Accelerate your learning by 29%
- Unlimited access for just £4.99 per month
This essay examines the similarities and differences between the German and the English welfare provision
The first 200 words of this essay...
Compare and contrast the extent of welfare provision in two European countries. Evaluate, in no more than 400 words, the appropriacy of the provision in the context of the early twenty first century.
"Our state reduces more and more its responsibility to provide welfare among the people". This is a statement that you can hear very often saying Germans about their welfare state in comparison with other welfare systems, as for instance the English system.
This essay examines the similarities and differences between the German and the English welfare provision focusing on the extend to which this provision is provided. To understand the appropriacy and to discuss the extend of the provision it is helpful, firstly, to start with a brief definition of how these countries define a welfare state, and proceed with the different models that we encounter in Germany and in the UK. We continue with comparing and contrasting the extent of welfare provision in both countries. Since this is a wide area to discuss we concentrate on special provisions for instance the unemployment benefits and health care, since they are considered most relevant to the societies. Related to this analysis, we then
Found what you're looking for?
- Start learning 29% faster today
- Over 150,000 essays available
- Just £4.99 a month
Not the one? We have 100's more
Child Development (view all)
- Health and Social care
- Compare and contrast the development theories of Piaget, Bru...
- Describe the expected stage of social development of childre...
- Discuss the nature-nurture debate in relation to individual ...
- Demonstrate the recent development of personal skills releva...
- Cach L2 unit 4. Childrens Play
- Cach L2 unit 5. Professional Attributes - A non- judgement...
- Discuss the advantages and disadvantages of different family...
- Development through the life stages
- The Evil of Child Labour
""Shailan, Leicester. A Level Student. Very useful for Biology and Chemistry, also great help in Econo
""Ruth, British Virgin Islands. University Student. Constitutional and Administrative Law.