- Join over 1.2 million students every month
- Accelerate your learning by 29%
- Unlimited access from just £6.99 per month
Compare at least three factors which led to the outbreak of World War I.
The first 200 words of this essay...
Compare at least three factors which led to the outbreak of World War I
The 1871 Prussian victory over France saw the unification of Germany and this created a new power in the centre of Europe. There were bitter feelings of resentment between France and Germany after this because as well as defeating France, Germany claimed the province of Alsace and Lorraine for themselves too.
The German economy was growing faster than any other in the world. By 1914 Germany's steel output was larger than that of Britain, France and Russia put together. The school curriculum in Germany encouraged subjects such as science and technology, which led to the development of new high tech industries. This new industrial strength was used to increase their military strength; the army was well trained and well equipped. Also it was based on conscription so it always had a healthy number of soldiers.
In chancellor Von Bismarck Germany had a very wise and clever leader. He made his foreign policy so that while unifying Germany, he made sure he did not disrupt the delicate European balance of power. He created an intricate system of treaties, however these
Found what you're looking for?
- Start learning 29% faster today
- Over 150,000 essays available
- Just £6.99 a month
Not the one? We have 100's more
International relations 1900-1939 (view all)
- Why Did The First World War Break Out in 1914?
- Was The Treaty Of Versailles Justified?
- Why was the Treaty of Versailles so in Germany?
- Why did The League of Nations fail in the Manchurian Crisis?
- To what extent was the Treaty of Versailles fair to Germany?
- The League of Nations: Its achievements and its failures
- Describe the Causes of WW1
- Was the Treaty of Versailles fair?
- "The League of Nations was doomed to fail from its crea...
- Why did war break out in 1914?
""Simon. Politics and International Relations. University Student.
""M Singh. English. A Level Student.