- Join over 1.2 million students every month
- Accelerate your learning by 29%
- Unlimited access for just £4.99 per month
How and why did the tsar nicholas II survive the 1905 revolution?
Are you in the right place?
Jump to History and see how teachers think you should prepare in:
The first 200 words of this essay...
How and why did the Tsar Nicholas II Survive the 1905 Revolution?
There were many various factors which contributed to Tsar Nicholas II surviving the 1905 Revolution. One could say these worked together to achieve the Tsar's survival, however perhaps the most influential of these was the loyalty of the Russian army during the period. Without the reliance he had upon the Army, it could be questioned as to whether The Tsar would have survived the revolution.
The procession of workers whom marched to the Winter Palace led by Georgi Gapon where by 100 workers were killed and some 300 hundred wounded, is labelled Bloody Sunday. This was the beginning of a series of events, fighting for better wages and factory conditions which is now known as the 1905 Revolution. The Tsar was left in a state whereby his every move had to be made with utter focus and thought. The government mishandled many situations and this was one of them. The deaths and injuries were down to the police panicking and not being strong enough to defend appropriately. From this it led to continuous strikes, terrorism and peasant uprising. This was felt all over Russia so
Found what you're looking for?
- Start learning 29% faster today
- Over 150,000 essays available
- Just £4.99 a month
Not the one? We have 100's more
Russia, USSR 1905-1941 (view all)
- Was Nicholas II responsible for his own downfall?
- What were the causes and consequences of the 1905 revolution...
- How did Stalin transform the economy of the USSR in the 1930...
- Why were the Bolsheviks able to sieze power in October 1917?
- From 1750-1900 British towns changed rapidly and it was a ch...
- Were the mistakes made by the provisional government the mai...
- Doomed to failure from the start. How far do you agree with...
- Notes on "Why was Russia so difficult to govern?"
- Causes of the 1905 Russian revolution
- The Outcome of the power struggle owes more to the weakness ...
""Gemma Haysman. Chemistry, Physics, Biology, Maths. GCSE Student.
""George Boustred English, Maths, Science, Resistant Materials, History, Music. GCSE Student