- Join over 1.2 million students every month
- Accelerate your learning by 29%
- Unlimited access for just £4.99 per month
Prohibition in the United States - source related study.
The first 200 words of this essay...
Bethany Peck 17th November 2002
1. Evaluation of source for its utility
How useful is Source A as evidence for studying the Spread of Prohibition in the United States?
To some extent Source A is very useful when studying the spread of prohibition through America. It does show us the spread of prohibition through the eastern states and manages to put each of them into one of three categories. However the source is not detailed enough to give us all the information we need to study and understand the spread of prohibition through the states.
Firstly, the key does not inform us what the white gaps are, they are all different states yet we are not told which ones they are, or the state of prohibition in these places. We can only assume there was no data available for these places, or there was simply no prohibition in these places. This means not only are there many gaps in the eastern side of the country, there is no information from the west. Because it is so unclear we cannot fully examine the spread of prohibition through the United States of America, as we
Found what you're looking for?
- Start learning 29% faster today
- Over 150,000 essays available
- Just £4.99 a month
Not the one? We have 100's more
USA 1919-1941 (view all)
- How far did the Republican Policies contribute to the US eco...
- Why did the American Economy Boom in the 1920's?
- To what extent did Prohibition in the 1920's change the Amer...
- The Immorally rich people of the 1920s
- To what extent were the 1920s “roaring”?
""Zoia, London. GCSE Student. 'English, Science, RE, Geography, History.'
""John Plowright. Teacher. Repton School. Derbyshire.