- Join over 1.2 million students every month
- Accelerate your learning by 29%
- Unlimited access for just £4.99 per month
russia: what happened to the romanov family question 1 and 2
The first 200 words of this essay...
Russia what happened to the Romanov family
A) Sources A and B give similar accounts. Does this mean they are reliable?
Source A and B give similar accounts of what happened to the Romanov family. They both state that they believe the tsar , Dr Botkin, two servants and the maid were shot in the Ipatiev house.
Source A is a report from an American newspaper and it tells us that Judge Sergeyev investigated the murder of the Romanov family and he believes there was a murder, and it happened in the lower storey of the building, although Sergeyev also believes that not all the members of the household were shot there. He believes "the Tsar, the family doctor, the two servants and the maid were all shot in the Ipatiev house" [source A], however he believes that "Empress, the Tsar's son and four other children" [source A] were not shot there. The fault with this source is that as it was written for a newspaper, Sergeyev may not have actually said this it could just be the journalists interpretation on what was actually said.
Source B is
Found what you're looking for?
- Start learning 29% faster today
- Over 150,000 essays available
- Just £4.99 a month
Not the one? We have 100's more
Russia, USSR 1905-1941 (view all)
- Was Nicholas II responsible for his own downfall?
- What were the causes and consequences of the 1905 revolution...
- How did Stalin transform the economy of the USSR in the 1930...
- Why were the Bolsheviks able to sieze power in October 1917?
- From 1750-1900 British towns changed rapidly and it was a ch...
- Were the mistakes made by the provisional government the mai...
- Doomed to failure from the start. How far do you agree with...
- Notes on "Why was Russia so difficult to govern?"
- Causes of the 1905 Russian revolution
- The Outcome of the power struggle owes more to the weakness ...
""John Plowright. Teacher. Repton School. Derbyshire.
""Zoey. University Student.