- Join over 1.2 million students every month
- Accelerate your learning by 29%
- Unlimited access from just £6.99 per month
Do pressure groups have an important role to play in creating effective change in society?
The first 200 words of this essay...
Hypothesis: Do pressure groups have an important role to play in creating effective change in society?
First I will explain what pressure groups are and the different aims and methods they use to influence the government.
Pressure groups are special organisations, which seek to influence the way power is run by the government and to take advantage for a particular idea or group, but not to have complete power.
There are two types of pressure groups:
Promotional groups- these groups seek to encourage a cause or idea. They campaign on things such as shelter.
Interest groups- the main purpose of interest groups is to defend and further the aims of a group in some way either by buying or selling or by profession. Interest groups also defend and further the aims and interests of particular departments in a firm such as printing. Interest groups campaign on things such as equal pay, health and safety work.
Groups may also be divided in to producer groups, which present those who create a product and consumer groups, those who buy and use the product.
Pressure groups use methods and
Found what you're looking for?
- Start learning 29% faster today
- Over 150,000 essays available
- Just £6.99 a month
Not the one? We have 100's more
Politics (view all)
- Devolution is not a "constitutional settlement" bu...
- Are we witnessing the demise of the 'WestminsterModel' in th...
- The Revolution of 1905 in Russia
- Compare and contrast the Chartist and Anti -Corn Law League ...
- Essay title: Compare and contrast pluralist and ruling elite...
""Jackie Shanahan. Maths. A Level Student.
""Oliver Baldesare. National Sports Diploma. BTEC Student.