- Join over 1.2 million students every month
- Accelerate your learning by 29%
- Unlimited access for just £4.99 per month
Explain the meaning of discipleship.
The first 200 words of this essay...
A disciple is someone who follows, believes and devotes themselves to a leader. This leader may belong to any art, thought, conduct or group. In the Christian belief a disciple is someone who adheres to the life, word and teachings of Jesus. They are also referred to as suffering servants.
In today's world most people consider the word disciple to mean one of Christ's followers. They do not believe that there are disciples in the present age because they are referred to in the bible. It is my belief that modern day disciples are clerics, nuns, missionaries and all those who live their life in light of Jesus.
Discipleship is one of many themes in Mark's gospel. It is very interesting; it focuses on the calling of men to follow Jesus. As you read through the whole of the gospel there is a feeling that the theme of discipleship moves through three main stages. First, the disciples don't understand who Jesus is or what he is teaching. An example of this is illustrated in the calming of the storm, they were afraid when Jesus calmed it. Jesus was angry at their lack of faith and so scolded them.
Found what you're looking for?
- Start learning 29% faster today
- Over 150,000 essays available
- Just £4.99 a month
Not the one? We have 100's more
Discipleship (view all)
- Jesus expected far too much of his disciples
- Explain the meaning of discipleship for, The first disciples...
- In St. Mark's Gospel what can we learn about discipleship? E...
- Discipleship And Mark's Gospel.
- Define the meaning of discipleship.
""M Singh. English. A Level Student.
""Waseem Hussain. Biology, Maths, Chemistry, ICT A Level Student.