- Join over 1.2 million students every month
- Accelerate your learning by 29%
- Unlimited access for just £4.99 per month
Explain what a study of St. Mark's Gospel can tell Christians about the nature of discipleship.
The first 200 words of this essay...
GCSE Religion Coursework - Discipleship
Part A: Explain what a study of St. Mark's Gospel can tell Christians about the nature of discipleship.
St. Mark's Gospel outlines and explains how to become a disciple of Christ, how to act and behave as one, what the costs and commitments are and what the reward is. The Gospel is not just for the followers of Christ, but also for anyone who is willing to listen.
In the story of "The Call of the First Disciples", we see firstly that the disciples were not special or important people. They were simply fishermen. He asked sinners to follow him as well, for example, tax collectors. They were hated by society because they worked for the Romans and where looked upon as outcasts. This shows that Jesus was calling all people. These men did not know Jesus either, he was a stranger to them but they listened to him because something must have made them trust in him.
Jesus expected all these men to have certain qualities like putting their self last in all things, being prepared to follow Jesus no matter what, a disciples nature should not be one
Found what you're looking for?
- Start learning 29% faster today
- Over 150,000 essays available
- Just £4.99 a month
Not the one? We have 100's more
Discipleship (view all)
- Discipleship And Mark's Gospel.
- Define the meaning of discipleship.
- Jesus expected far too much of his disciples
- Explain the meaning of discipleship for, The first disciples...
- In St. Mark's Gospel what can we learn about discipleship? E...
""Dean Hil. l Media, Business, ICT, History and Sciences. University Student.
""Waseem Hussain. Biology, Maths, Chemistry, ICT A Level Student.