- Join over 1.2 million students every month
- Accelerate your learning by 29%
- Unlimited access for just £4.99 per month
Prayer is the best way to deal with suffering. Discuss
Are you in the right place?
Jump to Christianity and see how teachers think you should prepare in:
The first 200 words of this essay...
"Prayer is the best way to deal with suffering"
In this essay I will examine why some people say, and if prayer is the best way to deal with suffering.
The dictionary definition of prayer states that it is a personal communication or petition addressed to a deity in the form of supplication, adoration, praise, contribution, or thanksgiving. Suffering however, is defined as being undergoing or being subjected to pain or disadvantageous experience. Forms of suffering can be said as either being physical or mental.
Some people, particularly Christians, say that this is the best way to deal with suffering as God is the supreme being and interacting with God would easily relieve all their suffering. They believe that every way of suffering can be cured by praying to God. Christians believe that anything can happen in peoples' lives' but if they pray and have faith, they will never discourage themselves. They believe that prayer means that you really believe in God and you know that God loves you and that you will never be alone. Therefore, if your sure that God loves you, then you can deal with any kind of suffering. In addition, they
Found what you're looking for?
- Start learning 29% faster today
- Over 150,000 essays available
- Just £4.99 a month
Not the one? We have 100's more
Miscellaneous (view all)
- Explain how Christian teachings about racism would influence...
- Christian sexual ethics- expected behaviour and reactions. ...
- re public and private worship
- RE exam questions - Matters of life and death
- Honesty ia always the best policy? Discuss
""Salma Ahmed. Law and English. GCSE Student.
""Telim Dars. Chemistry, Physics and English Literature. A Level Student.